December 6, 2016

5 Favorite Bible Verses





     1: Psalm 133:1 "Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!" I just have always loved this. I first noticed this verse in eighth grade or in high school. I had always felt out of place when I wasn't at church or at one amazing and uplifting Christian camp (that this summer I'll probably talk about more). To me this verse meant so much because I know how great and how free my soul felt when around so many other people that loved God and tried their best to follow His word.

     2: Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee wherever you go." This verse is so comforting to me to know that God is with me everywhere and all the time. I have to try my best to be what God wants me to be: strong, courageous, and fearless are three of those things. God doesn't want me to be worried because He will be with me. With God there is nothing to fear. With God I have strength. With God I can be courageous.

     3: Colossians 3:2 "Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth." This is a good reminder that we have things in heaven waiting for us after we follow our path with God. All the things we must go through in this life; persecution, struggles, and trials are all worth it.


4: James 1:17 "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning." The blessings that we have, all that we have in our lives, are from God. All the little happy things is our life are from God. He blesses us constantly and loves us so much.

5: Isaiah 43:2 "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you." When we are going through trying times, God will be with us. When we are feeling like we are drowning with all the stressful things in life, He is there to help lift us out. When we feel overwhelmed with anything, He is there to protect us.


Love, Emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment